Shooting for ‘Marco Polo’ to Restart!

By Andrew Bermudez
(Lego Studios; December 26, 2007)
     Last week, the Lego Studios schedule committee announced that, after the holidays, on January 1st, 2008, the cast and crew for Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo will be returning to the Orient to finish shooting the movie. “I can’t believe that we’re finally resuming shooting. It’s been such a long time and I’ve been yearning to finish the film,” stated Sam Reynolds, gaffer on the film. “It’s actually a very fun experience. It’s something I can really sink my teeth into,” said Dracula, the crew’s location manager, runner, and blood-sucking lawyer.
     However, during the delay, some of the footage was not found to be satisfactory. “That boulder scene really irritates me,” said Steven Lawrence, the film’s director. “Looking over it, I realized it never truly concludes. We have Lord Sinister say a line, and then suddenly, they’re outside. It makes absolutely no sense.” So, it has been decided that the crew will shoot in India first and then move on. “What I was thinking we could do is add more footage of the men running from the boulder, about 30 seconds worth, and some footage of men digging in the ruins, about 10 seconds worth,” said Steven. It has also been planned that the footage in Katmandu will be added onto, and maybe even redone altogether. “I believe that this film is certainly going to turn out well,” said Mark Mustache, the film’s clapper loader. “And with these re-shoots, it should turn out even better.”
     The film is scheduled to finish filming in the Spring of 2008 and be released in the Summer of the same year. An official release date will be announced in early May.


Popular posts from this blog

Digital Decade is Coming! "Secret of Marco Polo" and More to be Re-Released!

Mustache Maniacs Film Co.'s Movies are Coming to LEGO Dimensions!

All-new Contest and Promotion Officially Start!